Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
How About An Election!!
February 13, 2008, 09:21:23 PM
Two things.

First, unless the membership feels we should wait until our anniversary to do it, why not pick out 2008 "Knight of the Coin Table?"  That is, our Hall of Fame winner for 2008.  We could send in our votes and have one or two people count them.

Secondly, under "old business," we need to get our first winner a plaque or trophy that he might drsplay.  It would also make a nice tradition that others could look forward to.

Guess I'm a little anxious.  Two months of the new year will soon be gone, and I just feel we should be doing something about new medals from Daniel Carr, as well as giving our "Hall of Fame" a little more prominance.

:D :D :D :D

Offline ElleKitty

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • KOTCT #67. Collecting bits and bobs for 35 years.
Re: How About An Election!!
February 13, 2008, 09:26:01 PM
Lets' get in touch with Daniel, and see if he can't get us some designs.  I have no idea who handles that part.

As for our Knight of 2008, we could begin accepting nominations?

Do add this coin to my collection?

Cat?      Australian?              US?                Really Old?
  |    |        |      |                   |    |                   |     |
Yes  No     Yes   No              Yes  No                Yes   No
  |       |     |       |                 |    |                   |     |
(YES!) (?) (Yes!) (?)           (Nope) (?)             (YES!) (?)

Offline Humpybong

February 13, 2008, 10:15:28 PM

I will nominate TKO

Barry
Brisbane, Australia
Forum Administrator

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

Offline Triggersmob

• Master Collector
  • Member Knight
  • Western Australian State Flag
February 13, 2008, 11:19:22 PM
TKO was certainly the one I had in mind, but I thought we were going to annouce a winner on the anniversary of the opening of our website, every year.

If not, then take this as a seconding of Humpybong's nomination.

Steve
(From Western Australia)

OFEC count 239
See my gallery here, now with over 15,000 images...
http://www.coincommunity.org/gallery/index.php?cat=10048

Offline TwoShadows

February 14, 2008, 11:03:28 PM
I recently saw an outstanding award, in the shop where we had the 2007 woodies laser engraved, that would be perfect but we would probably be looking at $75 to $100 everytime we had one made. A glass globe on a glass pedestal that actually rotated. The award could be lasered engraved any way we like. There are also numerous, and much cheaper, unique glass awards available so all I would need is to know a price range and then talk to the shop owner. We would just have to be very free with the bubble wrap when it came time to ship. One thing is for certain we would want something entirely our own so I will start checking but still need for us to come up with a price range for such an award.

Terry
Knight #1

"Life's a Lemon, I want my money back!" (Meatloaf)

Tobyle

February 15, 2008, 07:55:47 AM
Can we get started on another auction category to raise some funds for this specific purpose?

Offline TwoShadows

February 15, 2008, 08:59:12 AM
Actually, from my standpoint, I would suggest we just pool our donations as they come in and, when the time comes, we as a group will decide what we will use the money for? This way I only have to keep one list of money on hand? I guess I am asking that we keep this simple for me? ;D

When the money arrives I will post it in the 2008 Medallion Project or, if needed, I can start a separate Castle Treasury thread and keep track of the funds in the Royal Treasury there?

Terry
Knight #1

Tobyle

February 15, 2008, 09:17:40 AM
I can start a separate Castle Treasury thread and keep track of the funds in the Royal Treasury there

Actually, I like the idea of the one Royal Treasury Fund to cover anything that funds might be needed for.

TKO-100

February 15, 2008, 09:25:47 AM
Why not a REAL 16th century armor helmet to pass along from year to year? This one is $239.00 + SH

Something could be engraved in the upper chest area pertaining to what it is for and who it is from.

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
February 15, 2008, 10:38:42 AM
It's good to see some comments on this thread.

I pretty well go along with OldDan's thinking.

:) :) :) :)

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
April 18, 2008, 10:44:08 AM
This topic has laid dormant for two months, so just thought I would bring it back to our collective minds.

My humble opinion:  We need some sort of small plaque (or something similar) for the 2007 winner, and we also might start thinking of how to select the 2008 winner, unless we wish to wait until near, or on, our anniversary date.

Whatcha think?

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
April 18, 2008, 10:49:12 AM
One other thought.

I have a friend of 40 years who runs a business here in Delta named "The Trophy Shop."  What he produces is obvious.

While I don't know for certain, I would guess he would produce a small plaque or trophy for us for just a few dollars.

When we get to that point, if the members wish, I would drive out to his place of buesiness and get an estimate of what a plaque or trophy would cost  for our Hall of Fame winner.

Offline AdamL

April 18, 2008, 01:20:00 PM
I agree that we should get something for the 2007 winner. As for a new election, I'm not too opinionated about when it should be done, but I think waiting untill the anniversary would be fine.

-Adam
Knight Of The Coin Table #103

Offline Nevol

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Member Knight
  • Queensland State Flag
April 18, 2008, 05:32:02 PM
Actually, from my standpoint, I would suggest we just pool our donations as they come in and, when the time comes, we as a group will decide what we will use the money for? This way I only have to keep one list of money on hand? I guess I am asking that we keep this simple for me? ;D

When the money arrives I will post it in the 2008 Medallion Project or, if needed, I can start a separate Castle Treasury thread and keep track of the funds in the Royal Treasury there?

I'd go along with one overall fund, all proceeds of auctions etc go into the Castle Kitty Coffers to be used as & when needed.  Yeah,  I know, I know, I donated Auction funds specifically for the 2008 Medal project, but, hey, it's all our funds, no matter where it came from.  I certainly don't want to make Terry's job any more difficult, so if just one Special Fund makes it easier to manage, I'm in full agreement.

I firmly believe in the "KISS" principle.  "Keep It Simple Stupid"  ;D ;D ;D

Neol~Nancy
KOTCT #46
Queensland, Australia
Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved.

Offline TwoShadows

April 19, 2008, 06:01:36 AM
Daniel Carr is working on an official crest for KOTCT which will be used on the 2008 medallions. This could also be used in any awards and/or other items we might wish to produce in the future? Hopefully we will see this design soon and then we can decide how to proceed?

Terry
Knight #1

Offline CoinCrusader42

• Angel Knight
  • Member Knight
  • Founding Member
June 14, 2008, 11:47:13 AM
It's been two months since the above post was made.

The year is nearly at the mid-way point.

Am I just being over-anxious, or should an effort be made to contact Daniel Carr, and get the ball rolling?

:) :) :) :)