Medallion Quests > 2008 Medallion Quest

IF YOU ORDERED 2008 MEDALLIONS-----READ THIS IMMEDIATELY!

<< < (2/5) > >>

TwoShadows:
I have NO problem with replies. Actually I hope everyone replies in a timely manner so we can clear this issue up and move on. Actually I feel better putting $35 bucks into our medallions and supporting Daniel Carr and his new Moonlight Mint than I do feeding the bottomless pit we call the U.S. Mint. I wish Daniel nothing but the best in his new venture and do hope we will be supporting him and his business for years to come!

edix:
For the 2009 medals, if we use the same reverse dies as the 2008 issue with a newly designed 2009 Dragon obverse, the silver and copper issues should be a little less overall, and the pewter significantly more.
But taken together, the combination of those three different medals, as a set, should just be a few dollars more than the equivalent 2008 issues.

The way to get the best price on the medals is to make the order large. The larger the order, the less per medal charge.
That's how we accomplished the 2007 medals. But in 2008, the silver and copper medal orders were down about 30% and pewter down 40%, and since we didn't order brass medals in 2008, the overall order (the number of total medals minted) from 2007 to 2008 is down about 52% overall.

We will be getting an earlier start this year and hopefully we can effectively communicate and do the proper outreach in order to get the largest order possible, thus saving everyone a little bit of money, keeping the program going and aiding Daniel Carr in the development of his innovative minting project.

But I'll tell you right now, that if we only get the same number of pewter medals ordered in 2009 as in 2008, then the price per pewter medal will be over $32 each.
And at that price, some folks who ordered in 2008 may not reorder in 2009. But the pewter blanks themselves only cost three dollars each, so you can imagine that if we doubled the order for pewter, it would cut the cost per medal in half.

Let's learn from our experiences.

TKO-100:
Terry,

You already know my feelings about refunding any money to me and the subject in general. I PM'd CoinCrusader yesterday with my request to seal the deal on my order. Keep up the good work my friend!

If anyone else would like to know my personal overview on the subject, all you need to do is ask.

TKO

TwoShadows:
I have heard from nine members who ordered medallions already this evening. Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you soon. Thanks!

AdamL:
I don't want a refund. I'm not sure how the forum email function works, so I PMed you. I hope that works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version